Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 13: Tea-Stained Paper

I know, I know, I've been a horrible blogger.  I'm over a week behind my projects, and I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see what I come up with next, right?

Well, I've had reasons.

Too many crafts. Too little time.

I was on vacation last week, and was still participating and creating projects.

Until my laptop broke. Again.  This time it was the charging port.  So I lost my pinspiration and my motivation.

Over a week and $110 later, my laptop is back and I'm ready to catch up!!!

I'm excited about the upcoming projects because I've started camp and can test out my classroom activities on my guinea pigs... erm... I mean campers.

On day 13, I was supposed to make something using tea, tea leaves, or any form of tea.  Luckily, I'm an avid tea drinker and had tea on hand with my minimal vacation resources.

I decided to make an 'old fashioned' stationary by staining paper in tea.  I tried quite a few different ways of doing this.  I made a big pot of tea, and used 4 pieces of paper.

Paper 1, I crumpled up and soaked in the tea.

Paper 2, I folded in half and soaked in the tea.

Paper 3, I took the drippings from the tea bag and made a splash pattern with the tea.

And Paper 4, I ripped into little pieces and soaked in the tea.

The papers soaked in the tea for about 3 or 4 hours while we were away.

Here's how they turned out:


Paper 2 (Crumpled):
Paper 3 (Dripped):
Paper 4 (Ripped):
 This could be used for historic projects, stationary, books, or other projects.  My favorite was the crumpled paper because it looked very authentic and aged.  I also think the ripped paper would look cool as paper mache.

Enjoy!

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment