Monday, June 25, 2012

Pre-Service Teaching Institute

Unfortunately, as delayed as I am, my 365 Days of Teaching project will have to be delayed even more.

But it's for a good reason.

A great one actually.

I'm currently in Houston, Texas at the Johnson Space Center.  I'm spending the week here doing a pre-service teaching institute, which is pretty much like a boot camp for pre-service teachers which specializes in science, technology, math, and engineering.

BUT... what do you think I'm doing while I'm here?

BLOGGING!

In Girl Scouts, I learned this song,

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold"

Well, I'm thinking that I'll adapt that...

"Make new blogs, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold"

I feel like I'm just collecting blogs here.  But I just couldn't resist passing up sharing this information.  You wouldn't believe all the cool things I learned I could do in the classroom today.

Did you know that a cent sign isn't real? It's made up! You aren't even supposed to use it in teaching!!

Did you know NASA will set up meetings to do a video chat with your class on different STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) topics?

Do you know what will happen if you do the mentos and coke experiment so far under water that the pressure is 2.5 times that of ground level?

Do you know how to keep kids on-task on the computer, doing only the tasks you lay out for them to do?

Do you know how to incorporate dominoes into the classroom?

Go to my blog, Pre-Service Teaching Institute Experience, to find out the answers to all these questions, plus a million more you never knew you had.  


This experience is a great one for me, and I think all teachers should have it.  Unfortunately, I know that's not possible so I'm trying to at least share this info.  And it's a LOT of information.

First day is just ending and I'm already 7 posts in.

PLEASE, if you're a teacher, look at this information. It's amazing.  Let me know what you think.

Back to crafting soon,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment