Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 17: Celebration Glasses!

The challenge for day 17 was to make something inspired by or that goes over an eye.

I was ready to take the easy way out and make a quick pirate eyepatch that would go with a pirate costume later on.

But then I thought further about it and decided to put some effort into it, and came up with something original.

That's right, folks, this is a PINTEREST-FREE PROJECT!!!!

I decided to make fun paper glasses that students could use and decorate for any occasion.  To do this, I found a template online at firstpalette.  I used the template so that I would get the sizes and proportions right for little faces.

I printed out the template, cut it out, and traced it onto cardstock.  I then altered the glasses so that they would have a big space that covers the forehead to write on or decorate.

I know kids love wearing silly glasses and getting the attention from them.  The great thing about this template is that you can just trace it onto another piece of cardboard or cardstock and decorate it to celebrate anything (birthday, holiday, student of the week, etc).



I'm definitely trying this at camp this summer and will post pictures to show you how they turn out!

Enjoy!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment