Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 22: Penny Bridge

The challenge of the day was to create a bridge.  It could be small or it could be big.  I was lost for creative ideas and it was already 10:00pm, so I googled 'Make a bridge' and found the instructions for a...

A penny bridge!! It looked pretty awesome and I just happened to have a whole bucket of pennies sitting in my room so I tried it out.

It was extremely mentally stimulating and a fun thing to create... it was like a really difficult game of Jenga.  Mine only fell over once in the first few minutes, but I finally got it looking like this!



This would be a fun activity to do with older kids, maybe to see how big you can get it or who can make their bridge first.  It takes a lot of concentration and a steady hand, so it wouldn't be great for little kids.

Try it out! Let me know how you did!

Amy

1 comment: