Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 18: Garage Toy Box

I'm still working on catching up on my 365 classroom projects!!  I took care of a big chunk of them today.

For day 18, I was supposed to use the things I found in my car to create something.  Unfortunately, I had recently cleaned out my car and didn't have much to work with.  Plus, I was really in a mood to do something productive and useful, not just make anything.

So I went to the next best thing... my garage.

This is what my garage shelf looks like since Logan's moved in and we're using the boxes to move things:



I needed to use those items in some way, so I decided to ORGANIZE THEM and make a storage box from a rice cooker box that moved in with the boyfriend.  This project is inspired by Mandy's Krafty Exploits and the storage bin she made out of diaper boxes.  The length and depth of that project made me exhausted just imagining it, so I'm making a... shortcut version.

I started this project by cutting off the flaps of the box and spray painting it black.  Tomorrow, when it's dry, I will add a rim of fabric around the top and a label, and be done!!!

I will post a picture when it is complete.


Oh, before I forget!!! I also made something nifty out of what was in my recycling bin:





You'll have to read my other blog, Too Many Crafts Too Little Time to find out what it is though!!!

Check back tomorrow for a toy box update and picture.

Enjoy!


UPDATE: 6/16/12

Here is what the finished  box looks like. I'm actually very pleased with it! I didn't end up labeling it because it's really just 'junk' or small things in the garage.


 Before






                                                              After






Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment