Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 20: Clay Pendants

On day 20, I was supposed to make or buy clay to use in my project.  I decided to make clay using a recipe found on pinterest (2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, cold water, bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours).

My intention was to make a thumb print pendant, but the homemade clay was a little sticky and wouldn't show a thumbprint.  Instead, I just made big beads and hearts.  I stuck them in the oven.  They still have another 15 minutes to bake and when they're done I have to paint the ones I choose to keep.

I also had a plan to use these pendants in camp this year during boot camp week to make dog tags for all the kids, but I tried writing on one and it wasn't that easy to write on.  We'll have to see about that...

I'll post an update when I'm done with them!!

Enjoy!


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment