Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome to 365 Days of Teaching!

Welcome to 365 Days of Teaching!

My name is Amy, and I am a recent graduate with a shiny new degree in Exceptional Education.  I have a great passion for crafts and love creating and sharing my products!  For the past six months or so, I have been blogging away about every single one of my crafts and recipes over at:

http://toomanycraftstoolittletime.blogspot.com

My one follower of my blog and good family friend got me an amazing book for graduation... "365: A Daily Creativity Journal". This book is all about a creative guy who made a skull out of something different every day for a year, like out of snow, or sewing, or cross-stitching, or just out of whatever he found in his environment.  In the book, he presents a challenge for the reader to choose a subject and create a craft that follows that theme every day for a year. He gives 365 suggestions to follow as well.

Can I just say, I was beyond excited about this book. I couldn't think of a better present for myself. 

As you can see from the title of my blog, I have chosen to accept this challenge and theme each one of my crafts around teaching.  I am running head-first into my first year of teaching and I am going to need all the creativity I can muster to create the materials that I will use for the next many years.   So, each day I will create something that I can use in my classroom; whether a decoration or a supply or an activity I can do with the kids.

Because I'm still in that job-looking stage and don't yet have an age that I will be teaching, my first crafts will be geared towards the summer camp I work at over the summer.

I'm excited to start this year-long project, and I look forward to all the things I will create!  I hope to gain a few readers so that I can reach out and give ideas for other teachers or lovers of crafts.

Enjoy!

Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment