Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 9: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bird Feeder

The challenge today was to make something with my breakfast before I ate it.

Ha.

Let me just leisurely get up out of bed, wander downstairs, and make something original and creative that I can use in my classroom out of the measly breakfast food I own.

Not.

So, I didn't have time to play with my breakfast first.  I barely had time to eat my breakfast before I flew out the door for the busiest day I've had in awhile. Needless to say, I didn't even have time during the day to come home and play with my food.  So it had to wait a day.

[One day late] I was able to brainstorm and come up with the idea to use oatmeal and peanut butter to make a bird feeder.  Browsing around online, I found the easiest way to do this would be by using a toilet paper tube.  I tied a string through the toilet paper tube, spread peanut butter all over it, and rolled it in a mixture of oatmeal and breadcrumbs.



Not sure if it will attract any birds, and it might just get washed away in one of these mid-afternoon summer floods, but I'll keep an eye out and let you know!!

What a great and easy project to do with little kids... like pre-schoolers ;)

Enjoy!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment