Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 1: Boo Boo Bunnies

Hello all!

Day 1 of my challenge, and I'm already ecstatic about the craft I created.

The challenge of the day was to create something that fits in the palm of your hand using only the materials in your immediate environment.

For the past two days I have been thinking of this first day, wondering what I am going to make that fits in the palm of my hand that will help with teaching or camp.  I was scared to start, scared to mess up on the very first day.

Finally, I broke down and turned to my pins on pinterest.  I found exactly what I wanted to make.

Boo-Boo Bunnies!!!




These adorable bunnies are made from washcloths and have ice inside to use for boo-boos.  They are perfect for camp because I am running to get ice for one of my little ones a few times a day.  I have a feeling I can just barely get away with these toddler-themed bunnies with my first-graders, but we all know they'll love them deep inside.

I created these following the instructions given as an instructable, found here, but for the ice packs I followed a recipe for non-freeze ice gels using 1 part rubbing alcohol to 2 parts water.  I stuck the mixture in mini ziploc bags, taped them shut to avoid leakage, and finished the bunny!

I'll keep you updated on how they turn out after being in the freezer and used by the campers!!

If you end up making your own boo-boo bunnies, please share with me with a picture or comment! I would love to hear!!

Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment