Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 36: Upcycled Candle jar

The project for day 36 was to take something old and make it look new.

I have been hanging on to this jar that had a wonderful smelling candle in it.  I've been meaning to clean out the wax, but just never got around to it.  This was the perfect time!

I found a pin on pinterest that taught me how to do it, it was found at yellow brick home.

Just add boiling water to a used candle and let sit overnight until the jar is completely cooled. The wax all ends up floating at the top and you can get it right out!






I cleaned up the jar and added a ribbon. It's a cute jar that says, 'Sweet things in life' because the candle was cake scented!  Now I'm using it as a candy dish and could also use it for cookies, desserts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment