Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 44: Inspirational Lamp

On day 44, we were supposed to make something that lights up.  I worked with a mini lamp that I got at goodwill and cleaned up a little.

I got this idea from pinterest a looong time ago... it's from A Little Glass Box.  You just take a boring white lampshade, and write on it with sharpie.

I wrote some Dr. Seuss quotes on this lamp in cursive (I know the younger ones won't be able to read it, but I can tell them what it says if they ask) and put it over at my listening center.

The quotes I used were from Dr. Seuss' I Can Read with my Eyes Shut! and they were: "The more  that you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go...  You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut."


It adds a nice little homey touch to my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment